Water leaks in your home can be a very serious problem. Not only can they very quickly run up your water bill, but they also lead to serious water damage within your home. But how can you tell if you have a hidden plumbing leak in your home?
Signs You Have a Hidden Water Leak
- Running Water – You can hear a continuous running water sound, such as a running toilet, when nothing is turned on.
- Changing Meter Reading –Your water meter reading changes, in spite of the fact that you haven’t used any water.
- Escalating Water Bill –Your water bill has increased over weaks or months.
- Wet Walls or Floors – There are wet, moist, or discolored areas on your walls or floors where nothing has been spilled.
- Foul Odors –You can smell unpleasant smells coming from the floors or walls near your drains or sewers.
- Worrisome Signs – IF your building foundation cracks, vegetation is growing unevenly, or the earth seems to shift for no apparent reason, then you definitely have a hidden water leakage problem.
- Warm Spots –Warm spots on the floor, particularly a concrete floor, are a sure sign of a hidden water leak.
Fortunately, there are leak detection services that can electronically locate the source and location of your leak, so that you don’t have to pull up your floors or dig up your yard. The leak detection services technicians will be able to locate the source of the leak, and repair it with minimal damage to your property.
Companies that offer leak detection services can also offer many other services as well, such ass septic system installation, sewer and drain cleaning, drilling a water well, and hot water heater installation. Contact your local service today for assistance with any of these needs. Check out this website for more.