Thanksgiving is a weekend when many of our homes are put to a test. From the number of people you need to find room for a place to stay to grease disposal, both your spaces and plumbing can be pushed to their limits. Whether you are looking for an extra sleeping space for your adult nephew or you are trying to properly handle grease disposal from this year’s turkey, how your holiday turns out will often depend on your preparation.
Although you can typically handle the logistics of hosting or sleeping more guests than you expected, it is likely that you may need to rely on a professional if you have a problem with plumbing. The plumbing installations in older homes, for instance, may have a more difficult time handling the extra stress of more people in a house and extra amounts of grease and other items in the disposal.
Plumbing Services Can Help You Keep Your House in Working Order
Whether you live in a new or old home it is important to make sure that your plumbing is in its best possible shape. With the help of the right professionals, however, you can be certain that you can enjoy the holiday rather than deal with a plumbing mess. Consider some of these facts and figures about the plumbing services that help home owners keep their plumbing in the best condition:
- Proper use of a kitchen garbage disposal can keep it running smoothly for as long as 10 years.
- New laws were passed back in the 1990s in the name of water conservation that brought low flow toilets into production.
- Low flush toilets only use 1.3 gallons of water per flush.
- Unfortunately, 10% of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons of water or more every day.
- By contracting with a licensed plumber, however, and fixing easily corrected household water leaks home owners can save as much as 10% on their water bills.
- Per individual, per day, the average indoor water use in a typical single-family home is nearly 70 gallons.
You and your home may have survived the Thanksgiving weekend, but if you are expecting another round of company for Christmas or New Year’s it might be in your best interest to have a licensed plumber address any potential problems before they arrive.