The weather is warming up and you have officially caught a serious case of spring fever. With a major list of projects that you want to accomplish before your youngest daughter’s Memorial Weekend high school graduation, you have been researching different kinds of paint and the choices that you are going to make when you are repainting many of the walls and other surfaces in your home.
Paint coverage can differ from one kind of surface to another and understanding the purpose of different kinds of paint can help you find the most success. Whether you are looking at paint chip samples for a new nursery or you are considering painting with matte wall paint for a basement entertainment room, it is always in your best interest to talk to an expert to make sure that you are making the right choice.
Picking Out Paint Involves More Than Just Selecting Colors
A growing number of property owners are seriously considering the toxins that are in any paint that they use. In fact, with careful attention to the number of volatile organic compounds (VOC) in any paint you select can help you create a safer environment. In fact, the best best low VOC paint can also add value to a property.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the paint industry and the impact that it has on the nation economy:
- As more and more Americans are concerned about the quality of the air that they breathe, it is important to make sure that consumers understand the products that they purchase. In fact, studies have shown that levels of several organics average two to five times higher indoors than outdoors. When inhaled, these organic materials can contribute to several health problems.
- VOC levels over 500 ppb could cause problems for people with chemical sensitivities, according to a report by CBC Marketplace.
- Many of the VOCs will have dissipated already if your flooring is more than one year old. If, however, you are installing new flooring or painting a floor, it might be a good decision to go for an organic option and use VOC-free painting materials.
- More than 33% of respondents indicate that they would choose a neutral color palette if redecorating their home, according to a 2017 interior design trends survey.
- Zillow’s 2017 Paint Colors Analysis indicated that homes with blue bathrooms sold for as much as $5,400 more than expected. If that blue paint is also the best low VOC paint and is better for your health.
Finding the best low VOC paint can help you get the look that you want without endangering the safety of everyone in your family, but also create a beautiful space.