You have been given free reign!
When you husband announced that you could do what you wanted with the kitchen remodel, you wasted no time. With a computer board full of glass tile designs, subway wall tiles, wood flooring ideas, and kitchen cupboard finishes, the problem was not going to be in finding ideas. The problem, it seemed, was going to be in narrowing down the choices.
Various glass tile designs are popular for not only kitchen remodels, they are also very popular for bathroom updates as well. Some home owners even make use of versatile glass tile designs in outdoor kitchen cooking stations and swimming pool shower areas.
Are You Getting Ready to Make Some Updates in Your Home or on Your Property?
Mosaic pool tiles, glass tile designs, and other ceramic wall tiles can add a splash of color to your property. The fact that some of these products are so versatile means that the same products that may have once only been used in outdoor pool areas are now also showing up in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Manufacturers often use the term subway tiles to describe any rectangular tile with a length that is twice the tile’s height. By this definition, manufacturers are including the four by eight inch planks to one by two inch mosaics. In fact, the term subway tile is even used by some manufacturers when they are referring to the contemporary two by eight inch tiles, even those this size does not come close to the original subway tile proportion.
- A minor kitchen remodel can bring an average return on investment (ROI) of 82.7%.
- Kitchen remodels account for 69% of all jobs requested, according to a National Association of Home Builders survey. This makes kitchens the second most popular request.
- Estimates from a Houzz survey indicate that 60% of home owners say they plan to remodel their master bathroom.
- According to a survey by the National Association of Home Builders, bathroom remodeling is the job most requested in America, accounting for 78% of all home renovations.
- Construction projects that involve your kitchen or a bathroom can cause major disruptions to your daily routines. It is important to work with a contractor who promises to stay with the site until the job is complete. You do not want a contractor who is going to leave in the middle of your project to finish someone else’s project.
- Home owners who make sure to select low maintenance products for their remodeling projects are often very happy with their decisions. Counters that are stain resistant, for instance, can keep the clean up time to a minimum.
- A lasting trend in today’s remodeling projects is to select appliances and materials that are environmentally friendly.
- No two home projects are exactly alike. Make sure that your contractor takes the time to come look at your home and spends time listening to you explain the changes you would like to see made.
- Glass shower enclosures are the most popular choice for shower remodeling projects, preferred by 79% of home owners.
- Estimates indicate that bathroom additions offer an average 86.4% ROI.