When the time comes to put on a new roof, you may have some questions, such as “Can I install my own roof?”. Technically, yes, anything is possible. However, a roof is a vital part of your exterior property and it isn’t cheap, either. How hard is it to replace a roof? For someone who has never done it before, it’s downright hard. That’s why it’s best to leave this expensive repair to the professionals who know what they’re doing. Another question you may have is how long to put on a new roof? That really depends on the size of your roof, but it can take anywhere from one day to over a week. The best way to shingle a roof is to use a roofing installation service that will get it done quickly and efficiently the first time. When choosing a roofing company to work with, choose one that comes with a good reputation. There are moonlighting roofing companies out there that may do a poor job, making it that much more expensive to replace your roof.
Remodeling your home is an important decision that will affect your future. It’s expensive and requires a professional eye for the best style and design. As far as the exterior of your home, house siding installation is an important consideration. Not only you and your family see it every day, but others who drive by and live in the neighborhood will take notice of your choice. If you’re overwhelmed by all of the choices and don’t know where to begin, it’s a good idea to talk to a vinyl siding installation company to get some advice. If you are wondering about the cost of redoing the exterior of your home, or have any other questions pertaining to house siding installation, keep reading to learn a few facts about the siding and roof installation industry.
1. Vinyl siding is durable
- If properly maintained, vinyl siding can last many years, and the average life span is 40 years. It’s important that the owners keep up with maintenance and are educated on how to take care of their home siding, and a roofing company will be able to tell you everything you should do to keep your siding in good condition. The longer home siding lasts, the more money the owners save, because replacing siding can be expensive and time consuming.
2. Know when your roof needs to be replaced
- If you think you might need a new roof, but you don’t know for sure, talk to a professional. One way to know for sure that your roof is no longer in good shape is if the edges are curled up or asphalt shingles are missing or clearly worn down. This is a sign that the roof has been damaged and isn’t effectively protecting the house. Repairs are sometimes possible so the whole roof doesn’t have to be replaced, but the only person that can tell for sure is you local roofing company, so it’s a good idea to give them a call if you suspect that you have a damaged roof.
3. It’s probably not a good idea to install a new roof on top of the old one
- In order to ensure a long lifetime for a new roof, it shouldn’t be placed on top of an old or decaying rooftop. Old roofs are likely to fall off and any structure placed on top of them isn’t secure. A new roof needs a strong surface on which to adhere, and it’s best to completely remove the old roof before installation. If you don’t do this, the new roof won’t be as durable, and the lifetime of the roof can be cut by as much as 20%. This means more money will be spent replacing a roof sooner than if it had been installed properly the first time.
4. Vinyl siding is low maintenance
- This is a popular choice for many homeowners because it can be installed quickly and one it is, there isn’t a lot of work required to keep it in good condition. As mentioned above, it is very important to keep up with what little maintenance is required in order to maximize the lifetime of the roof.
Have you recently had roofing repairs or house siding installation and have any tips or advice for people who are wondering where to begin? Do you have any ideas on the best type of siding and how to find the best local roofing company? Please leave a comment below and share your experience. Links like this.